[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] avpops: Allow a per query timeout in milliseconds (#363)

brettnem notifications at github.com
Fri Oct 17 09:12:04 CEST 2014

For some specific in call queries, I need to specify a timeout. Basically, if I don't get a result in Xms, then give up and continue as if the database returned an errored resultset. I know there is timeout_interval, however, that is an integer value and is for each retry. I'm requesting an overall timeout.

It may also be useful to return something specific to indicate the result is empty due to a timeout.

Use case here is for call routing lookups. If the lookup doesn't return in Xms, the call isn't routable, Excessive PDD isn't acceptable and I'd rather fail the call then hang children waiting for a response.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/363