[OpenSIPS-Devel] OpenSIPS 2.1.0dev

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Oct 14 18:53:56 CEST 2014

Hi all,

The development branch moved from 1.12 to 2.1 - we are heavily working
on importing into OpenSIPS improvements related to the New Design from
the OpenSIPS Experimental Code.

As a result, we have a first development version which is consistent as
stable (as much as a devel code can be :D ) - we have OpenSIPS 2.1.0 .
This tag covers:
      - I/O async reactor per process (for each SIP worker)
      - integrate the reactor with the UDP and TCP reading
      - timer jobs dispatched/balanced across the SIP worker procs
(instead of be all executed in dedicated procs)

Next steps (2.1.1dev) :
      - per process I/O async ops (an async I/O op starting and ending
in the same process)
      - running I/O async ops at script level

To 2.1.0 is just a milestone on the path of the next major stable
release - 2.1.0 is a tag on the devel branch, pointing to consistent and
working/stable development code - it is NOT a stable release.

To directly use 2.1.0, see the 2.1.0 tag :
     git clone https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips.git -b 2.1.0

Please give it a try and report back  ;)