[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] load_balancer module enhancements (#345)

Sergey KHripchenko notifications at github.com
Thu Oct 2 22:53:42 CEST 2014

Yes it is a part of my scenario.

I have a flow of calls to many different DIDs, normally they are dispatched by a number of primary PBX servers(with possibility to dispatch each call to a different subsets of servers).
So at first I try to LB calls to this primary location.
I also have to cut excessive calls volume spikes to each server, so i additionally 'rate-limit' each destination's $(du) (after load_balance()).
Then, if all destinations for a call are either blocked by load-balancer or rate-limit, I have to re-route this call to a different farm of servers serving 'too many calls' scenario (using a different resource).
Also some high priority calls should be dispatched to primary group of PBX servers at all cost. No matter how busy they are.
I also have a number of static call routes ('in' and 'out') to PBX servers and out from them. So i have to register them as a load.

So I need to be able to:
 1. LB call over a number of groups of destinations, taking into account 'max calls limit' for a resource.
 2. LB call over a number of groups of destinations _NOT_ taking into account 'max calls limit' for a resource (just ensure equal load for all servers in the group).
 3. LB call over one group of destinations and then over another group.
 4. Register call as a load to destination and unregister it (if the primary location refuses call and we route it to 'fail-over' scenario). (it is too costly to emulate it using 'resource' per route).

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/345#issuecomment-57704901