[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] load_balancer module enhancements (#345)

Bogdan Andrei IANCU notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 4 08:49:09 CET 2014

Hi @shripchenko , sorry for the delay.
For 1) - right now we have only a function load_balance() that is used to start and continue the LB process. We want to have in the future the possibility to start, continue and re-start the LB process. To aligned it with the rest of the modules (drouting, dispatcher), I would go for  : load_balance() to start and restart and a new function to continue (like next_lb() ?). In this case we need to store in some AVPs the original group and resources to be used by next_lb() and to be reset by load_balance() (if called again).

For 4) maybe we need some flags (to replace the alg param in load_balance() with some generic flags) and have:
 * 'a' - do absolute versus relative estimation
 * 'n' - do not skip negative loads.

What do you think? I can work on some coding.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/345#issuecomment-61604305