[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] Feature request - BLF differences between Opensips 1.6.4 and 1.11.3 (#380)

telematico notifications at github.com
Mon Nov 3 16:13:33 CET 2014

Hello Devels:

After update my ancient and stable Opensips 1.6.4 to newer version 1.11.3 some clients starts to complaint about random BLF feature problems.

In the logs I can see messages like:

ERROR:presence:get_database_info: No matching subscription dialog found in database
ERROR:presence:handle_subscribe: getting stored info

Afer some debugging I found that sometimes the buggy cisco SPA phones don't respond to Notify packets, and Opensips generates 408 Replies (correctly). After this, Opensips presence server deletes the subscription and the BLF lights will not update anymore (until it resuscribe)

The related difference I can found in source between versions is in

modules/presence/notify.c -> p_tm_callback

in version 1.11.3 i can see:
if(ps->code == 481 || ps->code==408)
{
  //delete subscription code
}

but in version 1.6.4:
if(ps->code == 481)
{
  //delete subscription code
}

I can modify the sources but my feature request is: Can it be configurable using module parameters?

 is a annoying problem beacuse for one packet (and retransmissions) lost or not confirmed, the BLF for this AOR stops working; but I understand that in many cases the code in version 1.11.3 is right. I think doing it configurable can be the best solution.

regards,
Carlos Oliva

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/380