[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] RTPPROXY module: compatibility with topology hiding (#238)

Bogdan Andrei IANCU notifications at github.com
Wed May 21 17:51:21 CEST 2014

Hi @nikbyte , there are couple of issues with this patch:

1) first, you assume the rtpproxy modules binds all the time to the dialog module; but this happens only if engage_rtpproxy() is used; so, the dialog api may not be available to you all the time; This can be fixed by trying to bind (with no error on failure) to dialog if autobridging is used.

2) you disregard the direction of the message relative to the call (as you take the info from the caller leg all the time) - this will fail if you have the reply to a re-INVITE from callee side  ; This may be fixed by looking to the right leg (caller or callee) based on the in-dialog direction of the request.

3) the IP information you get from dialog is not what you need. Rtpproxy needs to the IP of the destination (of the reply) - the via2; but you extract from the dialog the IP of the opensips interface used for sending out the reply - unfortunately this cannot be fixed (as dialog module does not contain such information)

I will close this patch - as the overall approach is wrong - and work out a similar fix but based on the TM module (instead of dialog) - I will send you a commit link in order to test.

Thanks, Bogdan

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/238#issuecomment-43774720