[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] [RFC] An initial attempt of porting rtpproxy-ng module from your twin project to OpenSIPS. (#152)

Andreas Granig notifications at github.com
Thu Mar 6 13:25:35 CET 2014

Adrian, you were are asking @rfuchs to admit his mistake in naming the project and you proposed a draft in his name on how he should have approached the opensips project properly.

This is ridiculous, as the ongoing efforts to bring all this to opensips (where it seems to cause the confusion) is in no way initiated or driven by the authors (although I really appreciate the efforts of @lemenkov and his contributions to our project, thanks for that!), and Richard made that perfectly clear. On a side note, the history of the name mediaproxy-ng dates back to May 2007 when the rewrite was done, it got open sourced under that same name in 2010, and the repo was made public in 2012. No bad intentions here, and it obviously wasn't a problem until Peter tried to bring it to opensips.

If you guys find it useful, please go ahead and use it (there are really cool features coming up over the next months), but you have to handle the naming and everything else around it by yourselves. Renaming the back-end is a good thing to do to make it more distinguishable, so we're going to do that. Everything else  is up to you guys.

And that's it from our side.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/152#issuecomment-36877427