[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] [RFC] An initial attempt of porting rtpproxy-ng module from your twin project to OpenSIPS. (#152)

Bogdan Andrei IANCU notifications at github.com
Sat Feb 22 14:45:50 CET 2014

@lemenkov , I agree, the modules should be named after the protocol it implements. BUT, as far as I understood from @rfuchs's posts this new module has nothing to do with the classical known RTPproxy protocol (used by RTPProxy application). The new protocol is binary, json oriented, etc..
Maybe I got it wrong and if so, please correct it.
But if the protocol used in this new module has nothing to do (aside origins) with the protocal used by RTPproxy relay, not even being backward compatible, IMHO, it should not carry the name of rtpproxy-xx at all. It will be confusion and damage to the users (see the arguments in @saghul's initial post ).
Please let's keep this discussion strictly technical and strictly about OpenSIPS.
Thank you all, Bogdan

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/152#issuecomment-35802868