[OpenSIPS-Devel] New Transport Interface

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Fri Dec 19 13:46:12 CET 2014

Hello, all!

Whilde developing the design of the new WebSockets protocol, we observed
that we can't easily use the existing TCP core, and we have to duplicate
a lot of code to make it work fine. Since this is not a very good idea,
we started designing how this could be done nicer and more efficient.
That's how we ended up designing a new Transport Interface[1], that
provides a clear separation between IP layer transport protocols (such
as TCP and UDP) and higher level protocols (such as WebSocket, TLS,
etc.). This interface will facilitate the development of new Transport
Protocols, while reusing the existing TCP and UDP implementation.
The new design can be found here[1]. Feel free to give us any feedback
or thoughts about this.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/Development/TransportInterface

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions