[OpenSIPS-Devel] 1.9 - out of pkg_memory

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Sat Sep 28 04:19:30 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Opensips 1.9 from 2013-08-13 I've been running into pkg_memory errors
after a period of uptime.  Entires like this appear in the log.

opensips[21368]: ERROR:core:parse_from_header: out of pkg_memory
opensips[21368]: ERROR:uac:restore_uris_reply: failed to find/parse FROM hdr
opensips[21368]: WARNING:core:fm_malloc: Not enough free memory, will
atempt defragmenation

This time it happened to be something with the From header.  Various
options fail; if there's no memory that's understandable.

I'm following the directions from the memory troubleshooting page up to and
including the last line that says if I don't understand the output, post it
here.  I don't so it's attached.

Traffic is relatively low with less 10 concurrent calls and less than 1 cps
average.  Traffic amount doesn't seem to influence the run time before
memory problems.

This instance began to give me trouble a few days after I increased the
number of registrant user entries from 1 to 8.  That is the only change I'm
aware of between when it ran for weeks with no problems and days before the
pkg_memory log entries.  I have other near-equally configured instances
with only 1 registrant user defined and they continue okay.

Does this log point to anything specific?

Regards,
Jeff