[OpenSIPS-Devel] eyeBeam NAT ping packets

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Wed Oct 30 00:28:22 CET 2013

I checked the code before my initial post and I wasn't sure if the 20
was the length of the whole UDP packet or just the payload.
It turns out that it is the payload and those packets from eyeBeam
were indeed discarded.
The trouble packets were in fact sent by a Grandstream device and
those were stun packets.
After I enabled the stun module, the error logs were gone.
I enhanced the error logs to print the source IP and port of those
un-parsable messages.  It helps in troubleshooting live systems :)

With respect to those eyeBeam packets, we could indeed reply to them
instead of dropping them.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at opensips.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The UDP stack in OpenSIPS silently discards any packages less than 20
> bytes. See the "MIN_UDP_PACKET" in config.h .
> Are your pings longer than 20 ?!?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>

> On 10/19/2013 02:47 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>> On Oct 18, 2013, at 11:14 AM, Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I forgot to mention in my previous e-mail that those ping packets are
>>> over UDP, which seems like a bug in eyeBeam.
>>> Anyway, the end result is that opensips logs are polluted.
>>> Over TCP, it seems that those packets are properly handled by opensips.
>>> It's UDP that is having issues.
>>>
>> Oh. I guess OpenSIPS should reply with CRLF like if it was TCP. Be gentle in what you accept… :-)
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
>> AG Projects