[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-3606986 ] Add pvar support for rtp proxy used

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 15 10:47:35 CET 2013

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by razvancrainea
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=3606986&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
Adds new module parameter "rtpp_sock_pvar" which is a pvar to be set with the url of the rtpproxy used on the call.

Example usage:
modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpp_sock_pvar", "$avp(rtp_sock)")
#Load balancing rtpproxies
modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpproxy_sock",  "udp:localhost:12221 udp:localhost:12222")

engage_rtp_proxy("froc");
xlog("Used rtpproxy $avp(rtp_sock) for callid $ci");

In the log:
"Used rtpproxy udp:localhost:12222 for callid abc at 123.com"

Useful for troubleshooting quality issues related to a single node or instance or rtpproxy.

I have done some limited tested in a lab setup for this patch.

Date: 2013-03-15 02:47

Message:
Hi, Ryan!

You are right, I totally missed that case, thanks for pointing it out. I
have applied your patch on trunk, revision #9915.

Thanks and looking forward for more features :)
Răzvan

Comment By: Ryan Bullock (rrb3942)
Date: 2013-03-14 10:53

Message:
Hey Răzvan,

I tested your patch and it works well, but doesn't set the node if only a
single rtpproxy is configured. I attached an updated patch that sets it in
that case as well (for consistency, hopefully you know what node the call
went to if you only have 1 :) .

Tested with a single rtpproxy, a set of two, and in the scenario where one
rtpproxy does not respond. All worked well.

Thanks for the help, let me know if anything else is required.

Regards,

Ryan

Comment By: Razvan Crainea (razvancrainea)
Date: 2013-03-12 04:13

Message:
Hi, Ryan!

Thank you for the patch you provided. The only problem I can see is that
you only set the variable for the first server. However, if that server
fails, and a failover succeeds, you will have a bogus server set. Therefore
I moved the code that sets the variable in the select_rtpp_node() function,
in order to have a more general approach.
I attached a new patch for this. Can you five it a try and let me know if
it works as desired?

Best regards,
Răzvan