[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] [Releases] Scheduling OpenSIPS 1.10 beta

Vlad Paiu vladpaiu at opensips.org
Fri Jul 26 11:36:35 CEST 2013

Hello Saúl,

The TCP reads optimizations have already been pushed to OpenSIPS trunk (
in commits [1] and [2] )
The read improvements cover :
     - the TCP read buffer has been moved from a per connection basis to
a per process basis
         Advantages here cover : less memory used by OpenSIPS for a
large number of processes ( 64 KB of SHM memory saved per TCP connection )
                                               : faster acceptance of
new TCP connections ( less SHM memory that needs to be allocated )
     - make the TCP read part in OpenSIPS less vulnerable to attacks
         Improvements here are : put a limit on max number of chunks
that a TCP message can arrive in ( thus blocking attacks where the
attacker would open                     the connection and then just
push SIP messages byte by byte )
                                                : put a limit on max
number of seconds that a TCP message can arrive in

For the TCP write part, we're now finalizing asynchronous writing ( both
for actual writes and also for connects ) - will be implementing by
moving the currently blocking writes and connects attempts from the TCP
children to a separate process.

[1]
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/commit/6d8fef778b6c2f4da9d19188a9105a94ebd93a40
[2]