[OpenSIPS-Devel] [RFC] migration to GIT

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Feb 18 17:05:00 CET 2013

Hi all,

I would like to get some suggestions and help on the matter of migrating
the code repository from SVN to GIT - the fact that such migration will
bring value is for sure :)

What things need to be sorted out when moving to GIT:

1) for backward compatibility, I would suggest having a Read-Only SVN,
so people will be able to update their current SVN checkouts.
Does any of you have experience in mirroring (GIT to SVN only) data ?

2) about the hooks in GIT - we have now the scripts for sending email on
each SVN commits - some help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

3) we are heavily using the SVN keywords (%id%, etc) - is there a way to
keep something similar in GIT ?

I will appreciate any help from any GIT "expert" around here, just to be
sure we get the things in the right way from the beginning :).