[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3604060 ] b2b_logic: $du and $ru

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 18 11:00:42 CET 2013

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3604060&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
b2b_logic should respect $du and $ru in scripting mode like it respects $du and $ru in topology hiding mode.

Date: 2013-02-18 02:00

Message:
Hi Nick,

Well, it is NOT the same as topo hiding - in topo hiding scenario, the call
is sent out to the destination received in RURI - and in this case, it
should follow the RURI + DURI.

When using a B2BUA scenario script, it is not a simple pass through, but
what is the destination is controlled via script  - and in the XML script,
you say where the call is to be sent. In this case, what was the received
RURI is completely irrelevant, IMHO.

Comment By: Nick Altmann (nikbyte)
Date: 2013-02-18 01:43

Message:
My opinion is script should get $ru and $du for init, like topo hiding.
You may just change topo hiding to script and everything should works.
But it's no problem because script can use params. So, if you don't agree,
this case may be closed. Thanks.

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2013-02-16 01:37

Message:
Nick, I agree that topo hiding has to read the $ru to know where to send
the call (as topp hiding has no scenario).

But if this case, you have a scenario and the destination is controlled by
the xml scenario (client nodes have the <destination> node to tell the new
RURI on the outbound part) and not by the received RURI.

Comment By: Nick Altmann (nikbyte)
Date: 2013-02-15 04:44

Message:
$ru may be changed before b2b_init_request. topology hiding takes it like
this way.
For example, I use drouting before b2b_init_request. Without this patch
topology hiding works, but scenarios don't.
$du is only for init.

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2013-02-15 04:41

Message:
Hi Nick,

First I do not agree in preserving the $ru - this must be taken from the
scenario, IMO.

Now, about the $du, according to you patch, this should be followed only
for the "init" clients; it should not be used for further client nodes,
right ?