[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] pua_dialoginfo: failed calls triggers sending PUBLISH errors (#142)

Ovidiu Sas notifications at github.com
Sun Dec 8 22:38:14 CET 2013

Hello Bogdan,

I circumvented this issue by setting publish_on_trying to 1.
According to the RFC, trying is a valid state and yes, we should send a PUBLISH at the beginning of each call with state trying.

The questions/issues here are:
 1. Why do we have this parameter if trying is a valid state?  Are there phones that are having issues handling 'trying'? Maybe we should get rid of this parameter.
 2. If we really need to keep this parameter, then the default value should be 1.
 3. If we keep this parameter, then we need to fix the error and avoid sending a PUBLISH.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/142#issuecomment-30093581