[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3610045 ] [DROUTING] Crash on use_next_gw/get_gw_by_id

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 12 19:00:19 CEST 2013

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by r0nald11
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3610045&group_id=232389

Group: 1.9.x

Initial Comment:
Drouting crashes when selecting next gateway. Did a little investigation, and FWIW the next gateway's carrier status is disabled but the carrier's only gateway is enabled. Looked at the backtrace of the core dump, and found that it crashed while comparing two strings on get_gw_by_id called by use_next_gw. The strings compared were apparently GW ID strings.

I attached the GDB btfull logs (replaced some sensitive info with dummy text) for reference. Take note that 'dont optimize' flag was not set so some of the values were optimized and the crash happened randomly so I can't actually reproduce the crash.

I'm using Opensips 1.9 using this source tarball: http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/latest/src/opensips-1.9.0_src.tar.gz

Date: 2013-04-12 10:00

Message:
Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the reply.

For the destinations during that call, we have 6 carriers setup such as:
#C1,#C2,#C3,#C4,#C5,#C6.
The crash happened when selecting the next gateway from C1 to C2.
C1 has gateways C1G1,C1G2,C1G3,C1G4,C1G5,C1G6, where C1G3 and C1G4 are
disabled via MI. C2 has only gateway C2G1.

The call failed for C1G1,C1G2,C1G6,C1G5 (in order and weighted). The crash
happened during the transition from C1G5 to C2G1.

I still have the core file. What specific info would you like to extract?

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2013-04-12 09:33

Message:
Hi Ronald,

Is there a way to reproduce this bug (like starting from a certain set of
gw/carriers, etc) ? your details on the setup are not really clear for me.

Do you still have the core file? could I ask you to extract more info from
there ?