[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] [POLL] GitHub versus SourceForge for GIT and Tracker hosting

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Apr 5 16:55:10 CEST 2013

Hi all,

First, thanks to all who spent the time and taking the vote. The results
are quite conclusive, I would say :
     http://www.opensips.org/Vote/GitResult

~80% for going for GitHub. So, let's do it :).

As a plan of attack:
     1) repository
         a) converting SVN repo to GIT
               not a problem
         b) GIT on GITHUB (master repo) to replicate all commits to SVN
on SF (to be kept as read only for the current checkouts)
               help wanted here
         c) installing GITHUB hooks for commits (email alerts)
               to be evaluated
         d) migrating all current developers from SF to GH
               not a problem

     2) trackers
         a) create the corresponding trackers on GH
               to be done
         b) all new reports to be opened on GH, no new reports on SF
               not a problem
         c) existing long term reports from SF to be moved on GH
               not a problem

     3) we celebrate :)

Who ever has experience and wants to get involved in the above tasks,
please step forward - we would love to get help for free ;).