[OpenSIPS-Devel] Avoiding creating outgoing TCP connections for NOTIFY requests

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Oct 15 09:32:31 CEST 2012

Hi Olle,

> Now, if we had Outbound support, which may be the case in the future, there could be multiple flows toward the client. Just stopping NOTIFY would seriously harm that future architecture.
>
> Also, if there is a route set you might have multiple options to reach the client.
>
> Just my 5 eurocent.

Indeed. My point was basically referring to how do we handle the last resort. If there is outbound, you'd try another flow, but if that fails too, we are on the same situation. If we want to scale this up we need to avoid blocking, but this complicates things for outbound, since you'd need to wait to the transaction timeout before attempting to send the request over the other flow. Here is where Bogdan't proposal for notifying the failure asap would help. The performance impact of that remains to be seen I guess :-)

Thanks for your input!

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects