[OpenSIPS-Devel] Avoiding creating outgoing TCP connections for NOTIFY requests

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Oct 8 18:06:13 CEST 2012

Hi all,

In order to avoid creating an outgoing TCP connection which would block needlessly we have the ability to use tcp_no_new_conn_bflag. When looking up the location for a user all flags will be loaded, so if we specified the said flag when the user was registered a new connection will not be attempted if there is no connection.

However AFAIK this doesn't apply to NOTIFY requests generated by OpenSIPS when using presence. Scenario is simple: user subscribes using TCP, her connection breaks, someone sends a PUBLISH. OpenSIPS will try to open a connection to deliver the NOTIFY. This is what I'd like to avoid.

First thing that comes to my mind is reusing the idea with tcp_no_new_conn_bflag, so if a user sets if before calling handle_subscribe, in-dialog NOTIFY requests would not attempt to create the connection.

Thoughts, proposals, patches are welcome :-)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects