[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3560465 ] segfault on dlg_ping_routine

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 5 13:29:42 CEST 2012

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vladut-paiu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3560465&group_id=232389

Group: 1.7.x

Initial Comment:
Under heavy load OpenSIPS is segfaulting on dlg_ping_routine (900 simultaneous calls).

Backtrace:

#0  dlg_ping_routine (ticks=<value optimized out>, attr=<value optimized out>) at dlg_timer.c:539
#1  0x00000000004b50fc in timer_ticker () at timer.c:355
#2  run_timer_process () at timer.c:425
#3  start_timer_processes () at timer.c:522
#4  0x0000000000432ef9 in main_loop (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=<value optimized out>) at main.c:929
#5  main (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=<value optimized out>) at main.c:1490

Date: 2012-10-05 04:29

Message:
Hi Flavio,

This crash seems very similar to what was reported here :
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3570495&group_id=232389&atid=1086410

Can you please try the patch attached there and see if it helps ?

Regards,
Vlad

Comment By: Flavio Goncalves (flaviogoncalves)
Date: 2012-10-03 03:31

Message:
How do I add debug symbols? I tried to compile with DBG_QM_MALLOC, but, the
system started with memory errors.

Comment By: Flavio Goncalves (flaviogoncalves)
Date: 2012-10-03 03:31

Message:
How do I add debug symbols? I tried to compile with DBG_QM_MALLOC, but, the
system started with memory errors.

Comment By: Dragos Oancea (dragosoancea)
Date: 2012-09-19 05:01

Message:
Hi

This happened to me alot of times, sometimes on systems without much load (
but with TLS )  .
Here is a log file (opensips 1.7.2):
http://pastebin.com/xeEs2qZz

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Dragos

Comment By: Vladut-Stefan Paiu (vladut-paiu)
Date: 2012-08-24 04:52

Message:
Hello,

Your core doesn't seem to have debugging symbols, so it's a little bit hard
to trace the issue.
At first glance, it seems like a case of memory corruption.

If the issue appears even after updating to the latest 1.7 SVN, can you
please enable debugging symbols and provide us access to some core files so
I can have a look ?

Date: 2012-08-23 05:41

Message:
version is 1.7.x. I have updated the software with the latest SVN. The
problem is intermittent and occurred 5 times from July 27 to August 20.
Waiting to see if it will happen again after update. I have all the core
files (1GB each).