[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-3411513 ] Consistently use rtpproxy switches

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 22 10:28:10 CET 2012

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by razvancrainea
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=3411513&group_id=232389

Group: None

Initial Comment:
The flag for marking party  as being behind the symmetric proxy is 'S', not 'W' as it was implemented in nathelper. Moreover 'W' has also different meaning in rtpproxy protocol syntax.

Unfortunately this is obviously an incompatible change, however I think that elimination one source of confusing worth applying this,

Date: 2012-03-22 02:28

Message:
Hello, Peter!

I have just added the 's' among the flags that can be passed to rtpproxy.
Also, 'w' can still be used for backwards compatibility.
Thank you for the patch!

Regards,
Răzvan

Comment By: Razvan Crainea (razvancrainea)
Date: 2011-09-21 01:32

Message:
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your patch. As you might know, the 'S' flag was used in the
nathelper module to swap between session creation and confirmation. This
flag became later deprecated, when rtpproxy_offer and rtpproxy_answer
functions were introduced.
We haven't changed the 'W' flag into 'S' yet for backward compatibility,
but we are considering it in the future.

Thanks again and regards,
Răzvan Crainea