[OpenSIPS-Devel] Planning major release - OpenSIPS 1.8.0

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Mar 13 18:30:25 CET 2012

Hi all,

I'm really proud with all the work that was done for the new OpenSIPS
version, and I want to thanks to all people being involved (as
developers, testers, fixing, specs, etc) - it is an awesome job :
          http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver180

As you can see, the version 1.8.0 mainly focused on the distribution
aspect - new caching interfaces, caching backends, sharing information
between multiple opensips instances ; but also a lot of effort was done
for making configuration and usage much more flexible.

So far we would like proposed at release data the Thursday 22nd of March
- we still have minor devel work, some patches and fixes, but this we
will fit into this deadline.

Now, if there are people having work in progress or patches, or any
other things to contribute to this release, please let us know - we
could accordingly adjust the release data, if needed.

Once again, let's sync with the plans on release, so share with us any
relevant info you may need - work in progress, patches, docs, bugs, etc.

Thanks and regards,