[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3532060 ] opensipsdbctl with dbtext creates bogus data in version file

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 5 10:29:16 CEST 2012

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by razvancrainea
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3532060&group_id=232389

Category: None
Group: 1.8.x

Initial Comment:
On 1.8.X (not tested with svn trunk, just the latest svn 1.8 branch), if you use the opensipsdbctl tool to generate dbtext table files, the version table file has some bad data in it that causes opensips not to start:

dr_groups:2
id(int,auto) gwlist(string) description(string) <<----
dr_rules:3

It looks like this is some bad leftovers from drouting changes.

More importantly (and might be another bug report, I don't know), this error, when starting opensips, causes it to not log anything (to stderr, to log file, even with running the binary and the extra debug flags on the command line).  This sucks because it took me forever to find out why startup was griping.

After I removed the bogus entry and started, logs were generated through my syslog facility, so i'm pretty sure logging is set up correctly (also this is a migrated 1.7.2 box, and logging was working fine on that).

Date: 2012-06-05 01:29

Message:
Hi, Robert!

Yes, this is indeed a bug which was only fixed on the svn trunk. I have
just backported it to 1.8.
Regarding the lack of messages in the syslog, my guess is that OpenSIPS was
not even started because of those errors, and that's why you don't see the
logs at syslog.
Please get the latest svn sources/tarball of 1.8 and try to see if the
problem still appears.

Regards,
Răzvan