[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3479976 ] Wrong packets order on opensips-1.7.1-8587 output

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 15 12:21:17 CET 2012

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by vladut-paiu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3479976&group_id=232389

Category: core
Group: 1.7.x

Initial Comment:
We use opensips-1.7.1 rev 8587. Here is the part of SIP dialog with dumps from external and internal network interfaces. The problem is in the end of SIP dialog, where from internal interface we got NOTIFY, then BYE and BYE, but on external interface we see this packets in a different order - BYE, BYE and NOTIFY. Because of that we got "Stale CSeq Value 500" error from uac.

Here are:
opensips:   1.1.1.1/192.168.0.1
two uacs with the same account (registrations): 2.2.2.2, 3.3.3.3
softswitch: 192.168.0.2
rtpproxy:   1.1.1.2/192.168.0.3

P.S. Sorry, dumps in text, because slightly mangled ip addresses, domains and users.

Comment By: Vladut-Stefan Paiu (vladut-paiu)
Date: 2012-02-10 04:14

Message:
Hi Nick,

Well, being a multi-process application, OpenSIPS does not in any way
guarantee that the order of the packets going in for a SIP dialog is the
same as the packets going out, as each message may have different
processing times, depending on your routing logic. If you really want to
preserve the fifo order of packets going in and out, you can use a single
OpenSIPS child :)

Thus, I do not see this as a bug.

Regards,
Vlad