[OpenSIPS-Devel] need help to troubleshot issues

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Sun Feb 12 10:50:01 CET 2012

Hi Di-Shi,

My guess is (as your module probably does external communication via
network) that some function in your module does block in a I/O op while
trying to communication with an external entity.

Based on your description I do not see how opensips it self can block
(like the sl_send_reply() function).

So, to debug something like that, simply "block" all opensips processes
and then attach to them with gdb in order to take a backtrace (while
opensips still running) - this will indicate where the processes blocked.

Attach to the SIP worker processes - they are blocking ; the fifo
process works ok as it does not handle SIP traffic, so it does no block .