[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] New Release Policy for OpenSIPS project

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Dec 11 12:00:16 CET 2012

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for this - to be honest it looks really interesting from my
perspective. Personally I would love to go with something like this.

All releases to be alike from how they are built. But to have 2 types of
releases when comes to maintaining them:
     - LTS - supported like 2 years or more.
     - STS - supported up to the next release or so.

Considering that most of work on packing, maintaining, etc will be done
for LTS (as you suggested), this will reduce the work for developers,
but giving more flexibility to the users.

Shortly, I like it and I would like to go for it. Any other comments on
this ? Or drawbacks here ?