[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-3561480 ] [nat_traversal] Memory Leak in TM Callback Fix

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 25 06:25:09 CEST 2012

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dmsanders
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=3561480&group_id=232389

Group: 1.8.x

Initial Comment:
There appears to be a memory leak in the nat_traversal module when the TM reply callback is used (in cases of relaying the REGISTER).

Attached patch fixes the memory leak, is pretty simple and had no side effects in my testing.

Comment By: David Sanders (dmsanders)
Date: 2012-08-24 21:25

Message:
I didn't see that, but I wasn't watching opensipsctl monitor.

What I was seeing was memory exhaustion of package memory eventually
leading to segfaults in random places where memory wasn't being checked
before use.

I can check to see what opensipsctl monitor says when reproducing this.
With a SIPp script doing REGISTERs it only takes around 15k before memory
is totally exhausted.

- David

Comment By: Jim OBrien (jimdoesvoip)
Date: 2012-08-24 20:45

Message:
Hi David,
  Did you see symptoms like the number of transactions being reported as in
use by opensipsctl monitor incrementing close to the total transactions
handled before a crash / memory exhaustion?

Thanks,

Jim O