[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3414217 ] Fifo cr_reload_routes memory leak

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 29 15:12:26 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3414217&group_id=232389

Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
Hi,
I'm using OpenSIPS with Carrierroute module and after executing the command opensipsctl fifo cr_reload_routes I see that the use of share memory is increased.
The table carrierroute has approximately 100,000 entries.
Below is an example of how the problem occurs:

shell> opensipsctl fifo get_statistics shmem:
shmem:total_size = 536870912
shmem:used_size = 102824656
shmem:real_used_size = 149534704
shmem:max_used_size = 177974008
shmem:free_size = 387336208
shmem:fragments = 842525

shell> opensipsctl fifo cr_reload_routes

shell> opensipsctl fifo get_statistics shmem:
shmem:total_size = 536870912
shmem:used_size = 120102736
shmem:real_used_size = 169829704
shmem:max_used_size = 196701984
shmem:free_size = 367041208
shmem:fragments = 843080

The share memory increase about 18000000 bytes.

After running a few times I get the errors in log file:
ERROR:carrierroute:add_route_rule: out of shared memory
WARNING:core:fm_malloc: Not enough free memory, will atempt defragmenation
ERROR:tm:build_local: no more share memory

Regards
Alexandre Ferreira.

Date: 2011-09-29 16:12

Message:
Hi Alexandre,

The CR module in OpenSIPS is not maintained and it is obsoleted by Dynamic
Routing module - better consider using this module for prefix based
routing.

If you are keen to use CR module, please enable memory debugger (as per
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTsMem) and provide the mem dump after
a reload command.