[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3436522 ] textops:codec_* operations inconsistent

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 23 13:54:56 CET 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3436522&group_id=232389

Group: 1.7.x

Initial Comment:
When calling the codec_* functions as part of textops, they do not pick up the codecs unless they are specified as an rtpmap parameter.

e.g. codec_delete("PCMA") will only succeed if an rtpmap line exists defining the PCMA codec.

According to SDP RFC it is legal to specify known codecs by number only on the m= line, without an rtpmap entry.

My expectation of opensips is to know these common codec numbers abd be able to manipulate the sdp even without the rtpmap entry present.

Date: 2011-11-23 04:54

Message:
The fix is a bit complex - I will work out a patch.