[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3432330 ] Snom re-registering with Multiple Location Entries

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 3 18:35:40 CET 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by duanelarson123
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3432330&group_id=232389

Category: None

Initial Comment:
In the past Snom phones worked fine when it came to Registering with OpenSIPS.  Now it appears no matter what version of code Snom is running it will Register and then you will have multiple Registers in the Location table.  So if you set the Register time to 600 the first time it registers everything will be good.  Then at 300 seconds the Snom phone sends a re-register and that one is added to the Location table, but the old register is still in the Location table also.  So at 300 seconds you have 2 Location Entries for one phone.  Then once you get to around 600 seconds a third re-register is sent and for a short while you have 3 Location entries for a single phone.  I notice that Blink and Jitsi don't have this issue.  I looked at the SIP REGISTER messages for Jitsi, Blink and Snom and I don't see any major difference that could cause this.

Please refer to the following mailing list to see the thread for this issue.
http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Multiple-Registered-Locations-for-a-single-agent-td6950474.html

On my main.c file it says that the version is 8267

Date: 2011-11-03 12:35

Message:
OK.  I have no freakin clue what happened with memcache.  seems like things
weren't working and now everything appears to be fine.  Weird.  We'll see
now if things are good.

Comment By: Duane Larson (duanelarson123)
Date: 2011-11-03 12:27

Message:
This new issue has something to do with my memcache password storage for
registers.  Not sure why dumping the old location table and updating it
would have messed this up.  Will have to figure this out.  Then we will see
if all this made a difference.

Comment By: Duane Larson (duanelarson123)
Date: 2011-11-03 12:02

Message:
Hmmm I deleted my old location table in MySQL and added in the updated
version and now no phone can register.  I see that when they send the
Register message with the authentication stuff they still get a 401
Unauthorized.  The weird thing is that even though they got a 401 they do
show up in the location table.  Not sure what the hell I did.

Comment By: Duane Larson (duanelarson123)
Date: 2011-11-03 12:00

Message:
Just downloaded Revision 8527.

I restarted OpenSIPS now.  Here is what my MySQL "verison" table says

mysql> select * from version;
+-----------------+---------------+
| table_name      | table_version |
+-----------------+---------------+
| watchers        |             4 |
| userblacklist   |             2 |
| dialog          |             7 |
| subscriber      |             7 |
| active_watchers |            10 |
| presentity      |             5 |
| rls_watchers    |             2 |
| b2b_entities    |             1 |
| pua             |             8 |
| carrierroute    |             3 |
| load_balancer   |             2 |
| domainpolicy    |             3 |
| missed_calls    |             4 |
| usr_preferences |             3 |
| route_tree      |             2 |
| acc             |             6 |
| dispatcher      |             4 |
| address         |             5 |
| pdt             |             2 |
| speed_dial      |             3 |
| globalblacklist |             2 |
| rls_presentity  |             1 |
| lcr             |             3 |
| location        |          1007 |
| silo            |             6 |
| dr_groups       |             2 |
| dr_gw_lists     |             1 |
| b2b_logic       |             1 |
| sip_trace       |             3 |
| grp             |             3 |
| xcap            |             4 |
| domain          |             2 |
+-----------------+---------------+

Comment By: Vladut-Stefan Paiu (vladut-paiu)
Date: 2011-11-03 10:22

Message:
Hello,

Is it possible that you update to the latest OpenSIPS revision from trunk
? And also, please use the latest DB schema for usrloc.

Why I'm asking you to do this is because there have been some bug-fixes
related to the usrloc schema and also with the usrloc while in DB mode 3
and the issue might be fixed in the latest trunk.

Please do this and let me know if the issue still appears.
Regards,
Vlad

Comment By: Duane Larson (duanelarson123)
Date: 2011-11-03 09:51

Message:
I am using the following DB mode
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   3)

As for the Query Insert buffering support I am guessing you are talking
about this
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/InsertBuffering
No I am not using that.  Wasn't aware of it but it sounds interesting.

I wouldn't say "When the DB records are broken" because it seems like it
is a given that two location records are going to be in the MySQL Location
table after half the re-register time has passed.  If I do a "opensipsctl
ul show" I don't see anything since I am not putting anything in memory

Proxy02:~# opensipsctl ul show
Domain:: location table=512 records=0

Comment By: Vladut-Stefan Paiu (vladut-paiu)
Date: 2011-11-03 04:30

Message:
Hello,

I was thinking that maybe your issue has something to do with the GRUU
additions on the Registrar & Usrloc modules,
but 8267 is before adding the GRUU support.

Are you, by any change, using the query insert buffering support ? Also,
what usrloc DB mode are you using ?

When the DB records are broken, if you do opensipsctl ul show , do you
still get the duplicate contacts there as well ? What I'm trying to see if
it's just the DB info that is bogus, or if the OpenSIPS internal memory is
affected as well.

Regards,
Vlad