[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3184058 ] Crash in 1.6.4-tls

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 29 16:51:06 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by anca_vamanu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3184058&group_id=232389

Category: None
Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
We recently implemented Opensips 1.6.4 to begin use the ability to search
across dialogs in order to allow for attended transfers with multiple
Asterisk servers in a load balanced setup.  Today we had a crash.  Attached is
the log entries and the full backtrace.  I mention the dialog search feature
only because even I can tell that is a big part of the backtrace.  :-)  I
XXXX'ed out a few host names and those are available on request if
necessary.

Date: 2011-03-29 17:51

Message:
Hi James,

Sorry for not replying to you sooner.  From the gdb print it looks that
the 'cseq' is ok, so then the only left explanation is that there is some
sort of a memory corruption.. unfortunately this is quite hard to debug.
What you can do is to compile with memory debugging support - in
Makefile.defs search -DDBG_QM_MALLOC line, uncomment it, move it above
-DF_MALLOC line and comment this line with -DF_MALLOC. Then recompile and
reinstall all. Also set mem_dump=1 in your config.

And when you have a crash, look in the log for the lines above 'core was
generated' for the process that crashed and send them.

Regards,
Anca

Comment By: James Van Vleet (jvanvleet)
Date: 2011-03-23 18:31

Message:
Attached file pid24166detail.txt has the detail you requested.

-James

Comment By: Anca Vamanu (anca_vamanu)
Date: 2011-03-23 18:19

Message:
Hi James,

If you still have the core file - can you please enter with gdb in the
second one ( the one with the backtrace in crash2.txt} and run 'f 3' and
then 'p *cseq'.

Thanks, Anca

Comment By: James Van Vleet (jvanvleet)
Date: 2011-03-17 15:59

Message:
Crash finally happened again this morning.  Two cores were created and bt
full has been attached for both in crash2.txt.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

-James