[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-3046433 ] modparam support for "str" type

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 30 15:44:05 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=3046433&group_id=232389

Category: core

Initial Comment:
Add new type "STRLEN_PARAM" for modparam that maps to the "str" type of str.h.I don't know where docs for this interface is -- if someone will point me to them (in SVN tree),  I'll patch the docs also. Also happy to change the keyword name if someone has better idea.

Date: 2011-06-30 16:44

Message:
The set of patches  3040885 , 3042883, 3046433, 3051083 are to be evaluated
and integrated for the next release - we need to evaluate the approach in
regards to flow routing RFC.

Comment By: Kennard White (kennardwhite)
Date: 2011-01-04 19:19

Message:
Hi Bogden,

See patch 3051083 for example of usage. That particular patch is change to
rr module to add flow routing support, and is non-trivial (and my version
has now forked substantially from SVN).

This STRLEN_PARAM patch would allow a lot of code clean up and more robust
code in many modules (because the .len parameter is set correctly without
manual code). But I haven't made much use of this feature -- doesn't make
sense until support is in core, since it makes it impossible module-level
patches to be accepted.

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2011-01-04 17:42

Message:
Hi Kennard,

any module using this new type of params ? the includes only the
definition, but no usage :)

Regards,
bogdan