[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-3062926 ] auth_db skip_version_check param

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 20 18:51:12 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=3062926&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
Added new parameter to the auth_db module that disables the version number check of the table used in the www_authenticate() call.
We use a table that is hared with other apps and has non-standard column layout thus the version check doesn't make sense. Worse, the version check is for ==, which makes it difficult to go back and forth between two version during an upgrade.

Comment By: Aron Rosenberg (amr42)
Date: 2010-09-17 19:46

Message:
Bogdan,

So we added this because our user DB is centralized and adding extra
tables with rows is a major pain since the DB credentials we have don't
allow for writes to that table.

We figured when a custom table / DB / columns were being specified it made
no sense to need to check the internal schema rev of OpenSIP's tables.

Comment By: Kennard White (kennardwhite)
Date: 2010-09-17 19:42

Message:
Hi Bogdan,
I added this feature at request of our databbase designer. I'll ask him to
respond directly. Your idea of changing the name the version table for
different opensips versions is a good one.
Thanks,
Kennard

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2010-09-17 11:54

Message:
Hi Kennard,

Are you sure something like that is necessary? even if you use a custom
table, you can insert the needed version into the "version table".....Also
opensips core allows you define the "version" table to be used, so you can
use different version tables for differente opensips versions.