[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-3162656 ] Presence Dialog-Info enhancements

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 20 19:27:35 CET 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vabdulla
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=3162656&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
Here is a patch that enhance the presence_dialoginfo behaviour as we have encountered
severe limitations when we deployed the BLF feature to our customers. By now, the
presence_dialoginfo module sends a PUBLISH on a per-dialog basis. So we have no
global visibility of the entity's status. For example if the entity is involved
in multiple calls, only the last call status is PUBLISHed.

I have already reported this issue on the past and the proposed fix was to set
the dialog-info state attribute to "partial" in the NOTIFY. But this is not
handled correctly by some phones.

So the solution I have found is to retrieve all dialogs where the entity is
involved and to build the PUBLISH dialog-info body with all these dialogs
instead of only the current one.

My patch is in 3 parts:

1) An extension to the dialog module API to add get_dlg_lst_by_uri() function
that traverses the dialog hash to retrieve all dialogs where the uri appears as
caller or callee.

2) A change in pua_dialoginfo in the way the PUBLISH body is built: a
dialog node is added for each dialog retrieved by the previous api function.
This simplifies greatly the dialog callback function. I have also added a
process_body function to set the version attribute. The function was originally
written by Anca Vamanu.

3) Finally, I have refactored the agregate_xmls() function in
presence_dialoginfo module to simplify the way the NOTIFY body is built and to
correct the force_single_dialog handling.

This patch is in early stage. I have done some tests and it looks stable but I
have no idea how it will work under load as we need to traverse all dialog list
everytime a state is PUBLISHed. I am available to discuss on all potential
issues that I am not currently aware of.

Regards,
Vallimamod Abdullah
.

Date: 2011-01-20 19:27

Message:
Hi Anca,

In all the tests I have made, only the last published information was
available to agregate_xmls() function to build the notify for a given
entity. Maybe I have overlooked something and there is an actual bug there
?

Regards,
Vallimamod

Comment By: Anca Vamanu (anca_vamanu)
Date: 2011-01-20 18:36

Message:
Hi Vallimamod,

I don't understand why you need point 1) and 2) from your patch. Why do
you want to send Publish with all the info? You already should have the
other dialogs published when they were modified. Aggregation when sending
the notify should be enough, isn't it?

Regards,
Anca

Comment By: Anca Vamanu (anca_vamanu)