[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-3162656 ] Presence Dialog-Info enhancements

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 20 14:18:47 CET 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by anca_vamanu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=3162656&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
Here is a patch that enhance the presence_dialoginfo behaviour as we have encountered
severe limitations when we deployed the BLF feature to our customers. By now, the
presence_dialoginfo module sends a PUBLISH on a per-dialog basis. So we have no
global visibility of the entity's status. For example if the entity is involved
in multiple calls, only the last call status is PUBLISHed.

I have already reported this issue on the past and the proposed fix was to set
the dialog-info state attribute to "partial" in the NOTIFY. But this is not
handled correctly by some phones.

So the solution I have found is to retrieve all dialogs where the entity is
involved and to build the PUBLISH dialog-info body with all these dialogs
instead of only the current one.

My patch is in 3 parts:

1) An extension to the dialog module API to add get_dlg_lst_by_uri() function
that traverses the dialog hash to retrieve all dialogs where the uri appears as
caller or callee.

2) A change in pua_dialoginfo in the way the PUBLISH body is built: a
dialog node is added for each dialog retrieved by the previous api function.
This simplifies greatly the dialog callback function. I have also added a
process_body function to set the version attribute. The function was originally
written by Anca Vamanu.

3) Finally, I have refactored the agregate_xmls() function in
presence_dialoginfo module to simplify the way the NOTIFY body is built and to
correct the force_single_dialog handling.

This patch is in early stage. I have done some tests and it looks stable but I
have no idea how it will work under load as we need to traverse all dialog list
everytime a state is PUBLISHed. I am available to discuss on all potential
issues that I am not currently aware of.

Regards,
Vallimamod Abdullah
.

Date: 2011-01-20 15:18