[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3353049 ] b2b_logic: dlginfo structure not updated for early dialogs

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 23 23:00:17 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by anca_vamanu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3353049&group_id=232389

Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
The dialoginfo structure of an outgoing leg of a b2b call is not updated when a provisional reply is received (the far end tag is missing).
The dialog structure is updated only when the dialog is confirmed (call in conversation).
This prevents attended call transfer to a call in early state to complete (see bug 3338085).

The attached patch is trying to fix the problem (only for top hiding scenario).  The same logic may be applied to a call with a scenario.
The patch is performing an update of dialoginfo structure from inside the b2b_logic module as opposed to the update of dialoginfo for confirmed dialogs, which is done by a callback function from the b2b_entities.
This may or may not be the right solution and therefor I opened this bug report to discuss the issue.
I tested the patch and it works ok for top hiding scenarios.

Unfortunately I don't have time to work more on this issue.
Anca/Bogdan, which one of  you can investigate this issue?

Thanks,
Ovidiu Sas

Date: 2011-08-24 00:00

Message:
Hi Ovidiu,

Sorry for the very late reply. I looked now at this issue and the patch to
fix this seems ok:
1. there is no memory leak since the dlginfo is allowed to be set more
times
2. there are also other situations when it is set from the b2b_logic
module
3. I don't see any problem if it is first set earlier. The only place
where this could have mattered is in the matching function -
b2b_search_htable_dlg, but I see that this case is covered ( if state <
CONFIRMED matching the second tag is not compulsory).
So, I think it is ok to commit this patch.

A small question - I don't understand why you say it works only for top
hiding scenario, it seems to me that it will update the dlginfo for any
early dialog.

Regards,
Anca