[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Feature Requests-3336791 ] DB reconnect

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 23 11:30:08 CEST 2011

Feature Requests item #3336791, was opened at 2011-06-27 12:06
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vladut-paiu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086413&aid=3336791&group_id=232389

Group: None

Initial Comment:
When DB (in my case postgres) goes away some reason (restart or hangup) opensips won't try to access it again. It would be nice to set in cfg if it should try, or even an MI command to reenable/reconnect that resource.

Comment By: Vladut-Stefan Paiu (vladut-paiu)
Date: 2011-08-23 12:30

Message:
Hello,

As far as I can see in the code, OpenSIPS will try to reset the current
connection, in case the connection goes BAD.

Indeed, the first query that will be tried to be run after the pg server
goes away will fail ( I will fix this ), but the next time that particular
connection gets to be reused ( same OpenSIPS opensips process get's to
issue a query on that connection ), it will be detected as BAD and a
reconnect will be done.

You are saying that, in your case, reconnection never happens ?