[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3393629 ] Wrong loadbalancer module stats from lb_list command

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 18 18:46:26 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by shari_786pk
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3393629&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
Hi,

If we create dialog with empty parameters for method create_dialog and then call load_balance("1", "max", "0") then MI command lb_list shows wrong (very high then actual number of) call distribution stats amount load balanced gateways. For example, i have 5 gateways served by loadbalancer module and right now lb_list says i have 1070 total calls (210-212 calls on each gateway), while in real the total calls are just 120 (20-22 calls per gateway). I am afraid if this trend continues then loadbalancer will declare itself out of capacity while still a lots of capacity left.

However, if we use "BPp" as parameters for create_dialog then lb_list shows correct stats.

I am using opensips trunk version 8201, also tried 8190, 8215, 8257, this bug exists in all of them.

Date: 2011-08-18 21:46

Message:
I already have this in route 0,

if (!is_method("REGISTER|MESSAGE")) {
    record_route();
};

which i suppose does the required record routes.

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2011-08-18 19:31

Message:
Hi Muhammad,

I somehow think it is a conf issue - do you do record_route() at initial
INVITE ?   My guess is that your opensips is not "visited" by sequential
requests (in particular by BYE), so the dialogs never end....When you use
the BPp flags, the zombi dialogs will be terminated by the in-dialog
pinging.