[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3101083 ] Presence module: fallback2db setting broken

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 1 22:12:29 CET 2010

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vabdulla
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3101083&group_id=232389

Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I have noticed that the fallback2db option of presence module is not honored when a record is found in presence hash table. After checking the code, I found in presence/notify.c, in function get_p_notify_body() that if search_phtable() does not return NULL in line 989 (record found) the result is discarded and the search is done in database. On the contrary, if there is no record in hash, no search is made in db.

I will try to come up with a patch but I am still trying to understand the code...

Regards,
Vallimamod Abdullah
.

Date: 2010-11-01 22:12

Message:
Actually, to correct myself, the search in DB is indeed made when no record
is found in hash and fallback2db enabled. But when there is a record in
hash table and fallback2db is disabled, the DB is still searched, which is
not the expected behaviour.