[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2988814 ] dialog pvar not functional in local route

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed May 26 11:59:11 CEST 2010

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=2988814&group_id=232389

Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
In the local route I am able to get stored dialog values using fetch_dlg_value however attempting to read value via $dlg_val I get nothing returned and error in log:

Apr 17 20:08:07 guinea-pig2 osips-log[17277]: ERROR:core:do_assign: no value in right expression
Apr 17 20:08:07 guinea-pig2 osips-log[17277]: ERROR:core:do_assign: error at line: 508

Date: 2010-05-26 12:59

Message:
so, in local_route, if the BYE request does have a "dialog context" (the
BYE belongs to a dialog), then all dialog related information (dlg vars,
dlg flags, profiles, etc) are available without doing anything special
there.

My question was if you are sure that the BYE you are testing with belongs
to a dialog. Also, if you post your local route, it will be helpful in
troubleshooting this.

Comment By: Richard Revels (rrevels)
Date: 2010-04-20 22:23

Message:
Also, this is a pretty minor thing since fetct_dlg_value works and it may
have something to do with the statement from the documentation that the
pseudo variable is only available on sequential requests arter doing loose
route.  I couldn't decide if that meant it wasn't available in the local
route or not.

Comment By: Richard Revels (rrevels)
Date: 2010-04-20 22:20

Message:
Okay, I've looked at the docs and what I was doing again and I still don't
understand what you are asking me.  First thing though is that I shouldn't
have used the word pvar in the summary line.

What I'm trying to do is read a dialog value via the pseudo variable
$dlg_val(name).  I can read the dialog value in the local route (BYE
initiated by dialog module timeout on the dialog) by calling the
fetch_dlg_value function but get the error when trying to read the value
directly using the pseudo variable.

Comment By: Richard Revels (rrevels)
Date: 2010-04-20 17:26

Message:
Umm, I need to think about that for a while.  And go read the wiki.  I
noticed the context had been added for specifying a pvar but didn't pay
attention to it since I had set the dialog value in the INVITE and the
fetch_dlg_value worked as expected.

Let me set it back up and I'll get back to you.

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2010-04-20 14:34

Message:
there is a dialog context (and dialog vars) only for BYEs generated by
dialog module (on timeout). Is this your scenario ?