[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2998140 ] SDP/RTCP parse error in mediaproxy module

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 25 18:26:34 CEST 2010

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by saghul
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=2998140&group_id=232389

Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
After upgrading to latest OpenSIPS 1.6.x branch (revision 6844) and Mediaproxy 2.4.2, I discovered errors such as

ERROR:mediaproxy:get_rtcp_ip_attribute: invalid `a=rtcp' line in SDP body

in my syslog. However, SDP seems to be correct:

c=IN IP4 192.0.2.10
m=audio 7078 RTP/AVP 9 8 0 2 102 100 99 97 18 120 121 101
a=sendrecv
a=rtcp:7079

As of RFC 3605 example RTCP encodings could be:

    m=audio 49170 RTP/AVP 0
    a=rtcp:53020

    m=audio 49170 RTP/AVP 0
    a=rtcp:53020 IN IP4 126.16.64.4

    m=audio 49170 RTP/AVP 0
    a=rtcp:53020 IN IP6 2001:2345:6789:ABCD:EF01:2345:6789:ABCD

I gave a quick look at the source code, it seems that the Mediaproxy module expects the variant in the middle (port and IP) and logs the above error in the "port-only" variant.

Best regards,
Thomas Gelf

 mail: thomas at gelf.net
  web: http://thomas.gelf.net/

Date: 2010-05-25 18:26

Message:
Fixed in trunk r6849 and then backported to the stable branches, as this
was a bugfix.

Thanks!

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Comment By: saghul (saghul)
Date: 2010-05-10 09:37

Message:
Hi Thomas,

I just commited a fix to trunk and the stable branches. I just removed the
error message since it doesn't really make sense to print anything there.
If there is an IP in the rtcp line it will fix it and if there isn't it
won't do anything.

Thanks for your report!

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Comment By: saghul (saghul)
Date: 2010-05-07 15:33

Message:
Hi,

Quite recently we added code so that RTCP line is also fixed, this
icnludes IP and port. In your case only port will be fiex, so that RTCP
also traverses MediaProxy.

Comment By: Thomas Gelf (thomas_gelf)
Date: 2010-05-07 15:21

Message:
Hi Saúl,

that's what I also unterstood by quickly giving the source code a look
at 03:20 (therefore I could easily be wrong): it just shouldn't print
the error message, it should however work as before.

And indeed, I didn't have any issues - but honestly I must confess that
I didn't check whether the RTCP streams are really succeeding. The port
is respected nonetheless, isn't it?

Regards,
Thomas

Comment By: saghul (saghul)
Date: 2010-05-07 14:37

Message:
Hi Thomas,

Indeed, before RTCP line wasn't even parsed sho that's why you see this
now. I wasn't aware of the port only variant, I'll fix the code so that the
error message doesn't get printed.

The behavios should be corret, even if that error is printed, because
there is no IP to fix, or do you experience any other issue?

Thanks for your report!

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects