[OpenSIPS-Devel] pkg_malloc question

Alex Massover alex at jajah.com
Sun Mar 21 14:24:34 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to overcome performance bottle neck caused by blocking I/O by using threads, I can't wait for 2.0 which probably will take at least a year.

It would be great if somebody could explain if I understand things correctly, please:

a)      AFAIU, pkg_malloc is not thread-safe, so I can't use it and should switch to system malloc.

b)      If compiled with system malloc, memory is allocated dynamically and pre-allocating a chunk of shared memory (-m flag) is not a case anymore.

--
Best Regards,
Alex Massover

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.