[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Feature Requests-2973188 ] send_reply in failure routes

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 19 15:35:30 CET 2010

Feature Requests item #2973188, was opened at 2010-03-19 15:47
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by anca_vamanu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086413&aid=2973188&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
send_reply in the Signalling module currently does not work from a failure_route. I think send_reply should be supported from a failure route as it promotes code reuse.

For example, if you have a route block that does some logic that you need to re-call on a failure you can have it use send_reply for any responses it sends. This way it could send stateless replies on the initial request, and statefull after the initial failure (since a transaction now exists).

Date: 2010-03-19 16:35

Message:
Hi Ryan,

It is a good suggestion. I see no problems in allowing send_reply to be
called from failure route. I will update the code today.

Thanks and regards,
Anca