[OpenSIPS-Devel] Soon you can Blink!

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Wed Mar 10 19:49:45 CET 2010

Adrian Georgescu schrieb:
>> * How does it figure out it's reflective candidate if I didn't
>> configure a STUN server?
>
> The stun server must be in DNS of the caller domain or you can add
> them manually in Account -> Advanced  -> Nat Traversal section

Ok, that explains it -> STUN server has been in the DNS :) But also
adding it manually to "Account -> Adv..." AND enabling ICE somehow
"blocked" Blink when trying to place a call, at least it didn't do
anything - and it didn't send packets to my SIP proxy. At least that's
what I have been told, have not been sitting in front of that MAC while
we did the tests with those different settings...

> Still it has to work when stun does not work. Any visible reason in /
> var/log/system.log or Debug window ?

No idea, sorry. And the MAC is no longer here :( I'll try it with more
calm once I get one next time!

>> * It has problems with special characters (example: german umlaut) if
>> configured as display name. Blink immediately says "...cannot encode
>> charaters..." in the "Add New Account" dialog
>
> We will check this.

Great!

 mail: thomas at gelf.net
  web: http://thomas.gelf.net/