[OpenSIPS-Devel] Soon you can Blink!

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Wed Mar 10 14:49:52 CET 2010

As I work on Linux only I asked someone to hand me over a Mac for 20
minutes, did some (really quick) tests and captures:

* first of all: compliments, really well done!
* also great to see G.722 support
* ICE announcements look correct, unfortunately I did not have enough
time to test it with another ICE-capable device / software, they are rare...
* How does it figure out it's reflective candidate if I didn't configure
a STUN server?
* Configuring a STUN server AND enabling ICE seems to cause problems, it
didn't place calls any more. I must confess that the person testing it
was sitting in another room, I was an the phone with him and sniffing at
proxy side. Therefore it could also be that he misstyped the STUN server
domain...
* SIP MESSAGE (SMS) looks good, special characters are encoded
* It has problems with special characters (example: german umlaut) if
configured as display name. Blink immediately says "...cannot encode
charaters..." in the "Add New Account" dialog
* Did not test MSRP

That's all for now, will do deeper tests as soon as it is available for
Linux ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas