[OpenSIPS-Devel] Using OpenSIPS/MediaProxy infrastructure with ICE enabled - looking for feedback

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Tue Mar 9 22:41:10 CET 2010

Adrian Georgescu wrote:
> We support the current and latest version, the version that is going
> to become an RFC (is now in the RFC editor queue).

Thought so.

> Depending on which previous version of ICE the device implement they
> may work or not only real testing can show.

Unfortunately what they are doing looks more like the initial draft, as
written by the sipping-WG:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenberg-sipping-ice-01

There was also some post from snom on the sipping ML while alternatives
and better strategies have been discussed. Then finally Rosenberg
announced the new draft and explained the move:

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg05449.html

At this point snom probably decided to no longer go invest development
time unless ICE is getting "stable". And the following post (nearly two
years later) let's me believe that their implementation is still the one
it was at that time:

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg08461.html

I reported my thoughts to snom, waiting for feedback...
In the meantime: thank you once again!

Cheers,
Thomas

 mail: thomas at gelf.net