[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-2847397 ] Better blf support for linksys phones

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 4 18:59:24 CET 2010

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by anmar
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=2847397&group_id=232389

>Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
With current implementation, if there's no ongoing or terminated dialog registered in the presentity table, presence_dialoginfo sends a notify with empty body as reply to a subscribe.

This makes BLF support incomplete for phones that only register to dialog-info event (linksys), so they won't know the state of the subscribed uri until it makes a call.

The attached patch adds the ability to presence_dialoginfo to build a dialog-info body that reports the state of a dialog as terminated when there's no dialog, but we have a presentity entry for that user. Something like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info"
	version="0"
	state="full"
	entity="sip:alice at example.com">
	<dialog id="sip:alice at example.com">
		<state>terminated</state>
	</dialog>
</dialog-info>

The patch also adds a contains_presence api function to presence module so we can check if there's a presence entry registered for a given uri.

I've tested it only with linksys spa-9x2 phones, but it's trivial enough to not make any other phone unhappy.

This makes support for linksys blf a little better, but it's still missing a similar notify when the monitored user registers after the subscribe. Right now the subscriber won't get notified until it resubscribes.

diff against 1.5.3

Date: 2010-03-04 18:59

Message:
I've attached the latest version of the patch we've been running in
production since early November.

In the original patch did not return the fake dialog-info body when body
aggregation discards all stored dialogs.

Comment By: Ovidiu Sas (osas)