[OpenSIPS-Devel] Nat traversing don't work after svn upgrade

vallimamod abdullah vallimamod.abdullah at imtelecom.fr
Thu Jun 10 12:29:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 9 Jun, 2010, at 9:54 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> vallimamod abdullah wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I have upgraded opensips 1.6 from svn version r6924 to r6947. When I
>> deploy it, the incoming calls stop working after some time.
> stop working like audio ? or signalling (like BYE) ?

It's about signalling: My phone behind nat is not reachable for
incoming calls some time after register. To make them reachable again,
I need to reboot them or set registration period to 60 sec. But I am
still able to do outgoing calls. As if the nat keep-alive from the
proxy is not working anymore.

>> Exactly
>> like if the nat binding was lost.
>> Was there any change recently on nat handling that can possibly
>> explain this issue ?
>>
> what nat handling modules are you using?

I am using the nat_traversal module. Here is the relevant config:

loadmodule "nat_traversal.so"
modparam("nat_traversal", "keepalive_interval", 30)
modparam("nat_traversal", "keepalive_method", "OPTIONS")
modparam("nat_traversal", "keepalive_from", "sip:sipb.server.com")
modparam("nat_traversal", "keepalive_state_file", "/var/run/opensips/
keepalive_state")

if ((is_method("REGISTER|SUBSCRIBE") || (is_method("INVITE") && !
has_totag())) && client_nat_test("3")) {
	xlog("L_INFO", "$ci - nat keep-alive - M=$rm RURI=$ru F=$fu T=$tu IP=
$si ID=$ci\n");
         nat_keepalive();
};

To solve my issue, I had to enable the nat keep-alive on the phone side.

Regards,
- vma
.