[OpenSIPS-Devel] [B2B_ENTITIES] Difference between sending CANCEL and BYE

Olivier Détour chino540off+kamailio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 23:30:36 CET 2010

2010/1/28 Anca Vamanu <anca at opensips.org>:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> First, please do not send email to me privately ( use reply all).

Sorry about that, I did not see CC list,

> You are saying that the CANCEL send by b2b_entities does not have the exact
> ruri as INVITE?

No I'm saying exactly the opposite, I know sip's RFC about CANCEL
construction with INVITE header. But there a case, if B2B_entities
communicates with another one, CANCEL is correctly
sent to the second B2B_entities. Did you make some tests with 2 B2B
face to face and try to:
 - CANCEL from a phone and propagate it correctly;

 - CANCEL from a B2B and propagate it to the callee phone;
in this case, what is the best way: Send CANCEL on a side and send a
487 on the other side; or send CANCEL and wait 487 from the callee
phone and propagate it to the caller phone ?

> Can you catch an INVITE and the corresponding CANCEL (send by b2b_entities)
> and send them in an e-mail?

I don't have time to send it before after next week. I will come back
to you after that and I will give you more information about SIP
transmission, and what I am expected for my project.

Olivier Détour